Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Chocolate Fudge Coconut Cookies

Hello fellow weight loss sojourners!

Yes, it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted on my blog, No Longer a Grim Girl. In fact, my last post was July 29, 2012 – WOW!
Here’s quick update on a few of the many changes that have taken place over the past 3 years. I have changed jobs. A delightful grandson joined the family and another grandson is on the way. We have also welcomed a new daughter-in-law to the family. My mother had a MAJOR back surgery a year ago. For two months following her surgery, I stayed in her home with her to provide support and care. And today, I spend as much time as I can with my children, grandchildren, and my elderly mother. Needless to say, the past few years have been busy! And like so many folks, when life gets hectic, we don't care for ourselves like we should and the weight begins to return. For me, it’s 30 pounds to be exact. I’m still 20 pounds less than my initial starting date in 2011, but I need to get back to basics.

Sooo…I begin my weight loss journey anew with a new recipe – Chocolate Fudge Coconut Cookies. The recipe is similar to my chocolate macaroon and dark chocolate cookies, but different enough to stand on its own. Enjoy.


One Serving
Meal Replacement - 160 calories
Additives - 35 calories

Ingredients:
  • 3 Chocolate Meal Replacement
  • 3 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 3 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut
  • 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
  • 1 tablespoon Splenda.
  • 1 teaspoon Coconut Extract
  • 6 tablespoons Water
Instructions:
  • Mix dry ingredients.
  • Stir in Coconut Extract and Water - add a little more water if needed.
  • Let dough sit for a minute for the baking powder to activate - the dough will feel fluffier.
  • Drop dough by heaping tablespoonful onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. There should be 9 cookies.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes - do not over bake or they will become dry and a bit tough.


NOTE: Package them up as single servings (three cookies in a serving) and store them in the refrigerator. That way they are ready to go whenever you are!